• In 1995 Alan Corry was asked to provide music for
a concert in aid of Tor Bank Special School, Dundonald, to
raise funds for the school and also raise public
awareness of the school's role in the community. Alan made
contact with a number of friends from various brass bands
in the greater Belfast area and in September 1995 a group
of approximately thirty amateur musicians performed for the
first time as "Festival Brass", with Alan as their
concert, originally intended to be a one off performance,
was a resounding success and a number of requests were received
for Festival Brass to perform again. The members, encouraged
by the success of this venture, decided to continue for the
benefit of those in need. The band has raised funds in excess
of £200k for various charities.
• Festival Brass now perform on average six times a
year, and have shared the stage with many well known artists
such as West End stars Jeff Leyton (Les Misérables),
Joanna Ampil (Les Misérables), Alex Sharpe (Miss Saigon),
Carmen Cusack and our very own Peter Corry.
• Festival Brass have also performed at music festivals in Spain on a number of occasions, as well as on a Mediterranean Sea cruise.
Some of the concerts for 2018 are detailed below and on our events page. We look forward to meeting our friends who regularly attend our concerts, as well as some new friends.
The next event in October to feature Festival Brass will be a concert in Holywood Parish Church with two longstanding friends of the band - vocal soloist Ceara Grehan and compere Wilfred Pyper. The concert will take place on Saturday 27th October 2018 in the church, The concert poster can be opened for download by clicking here.
- 'An Evening of Music' - Saturday 27th October 2018 at 7.30pm in Holywood Parish Church, 71 Church Road, Holywood, Co. Down, BT18 9BX. Festival Brass with Ceara Grehan and Wilfred Pyper. Tickets are £12 from Festival Brass (07980 306425) - postal only. Holywood Parish Church Office (028 9042 3622). Matchetts Music, Wellington Place, Belfast (028 9032 6695) - cash or cheque only. Belfast Music Supplies - Ballyhanwood Buiness Park, Dundonald (028 9048 1010) - cash or cheque only.
Festival Brass is going to mark the centenary of the end of the First World War in St Marks, Dundela, Belfast on Sunday 11th November 2018 starting at 7.30pm. Our guest soloist for the evening is Father Martin O'Hagan, who last performed with us in January. The concert poster can be opened for download by clicking here.
- 'Songs of Praise' - Sunday 11th November 2018 at 7.30pm in St. Mark's, Dundela Church. 221 Holywood Road, Belfast, BT4 2DR. Festival Brass with Father Martin O'Hagan. This is a non-ticket event but a freewill offering in aid The Earl Haig Fund will be collected.
Festival Brass on Facebook
Festival Brass is also embracing the latest social networking; to visit our Facebook page please click here.
Festival Brass performing during their 2016 Stage and Screen concert.